Thursday, August 1, 2013

[Product Review] Pureharvest Coco Quench Milk

While our friends in the UK and the US have had the luxury of coconut milk of the non-canned variety  for some time, us folk in Australia have found ourselves behind the eight-ball yet again...until now.

If you avoid coconut milk due to the concerns of BPA in canned items, then look no further than Pureharvest's Organic Coconut Milk: Coco Quench. 




Coco Quench has slowly been making its way onto store shelves since its release earlier this year. After four to five months of waiting, it can now be found at most Coles supermarkets. 

It's not often that I find myself getting so worked up about a pending product release. But when it comes to Coco Quench, the months of waiting are soon forgotten after the first sip.

Compared to canned coconut milk, this wins, hands down. 

Benefits of Coco Quench 

Organic
Sealed in BPA-Free Tetra Pak
Cholesterol-Free
Lactose-Free
Gluten-Free
No Cane Sugar

While I'm a huge fan of other non-dairy milks, especially almond milk, there's just something special about coconut milk. Perhaps it's the tropical feel which it adds to any meal.

Some coconut milks can be quite watery, as water is the main ingredient, however Coco Quench has brown rice milk and guar gum which thicken the consistency and help it closely resemble dairy milk. 

Ingredients

Filtered water
Organic coconut milk (20%)
Organic brown rice
Organic sunflower oil 
Sea salt
Organic guar gum

As I'm a big consumer of coconut products, in particular coconut flakes and coconut flour, I can see Coco Quench becoming a staple in my diet while I'm still in the country. Any product which transports me to the tropics is too good to resist. 

I think I'll be spending the weekend in the kitchen making some of my past coconut recipes, such as Coconut Milk Ice Cream or my Vanilla Coconut Smoothie, with Coco Quench this time around.

Macros per 100ml

66 calories
0.6g protein
3.2g fat
7.8g carbs
3.8g sugar
55mg sodium

If your local store doesn't stock Coco Quench, speak with the grocery manager and ask them to - if they're aware of the demand they'll want the sales.  


Links




NOTE: I was not paid nor did I receive any gifts in exchange for this review. All opinions are that of my own.



via Stacie Michelle http://stacie-michelle.blogspot.com/2013/08/product-review-pureharvest-coco-quench.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3493517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...