Friday, June 7, 2013

Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad

Taken From Ambitious Kitchen

So as you may have noticed, I've completely given up on the Cook the Books challenge, likely for the remainder of the year.  BUT I'm ok with it and I hope you are too :) With my new job there is just a lot less free time and my posts have definitely taken a back seat.  My plan from here on out is to post new recipes when I can, hopefully once a month. They may be recipes I find online, they may be from my cookbooks.  Who knows...it'll be a surprise!
With a little bit of time on my hands I decided to actually make dinner this week.  With some vacations and a busy field work schedule, dinner has mostly been an afterthought at the end of my day, either consisting of a bowl of cereal or eating out.  Today I managed to muster up the energy to not only go to the store and get ingredients, but to throw it all together in time for dinner.

I made a few adjustments to the original recipe based on what I had and personal preference. I ended up really liking this salad.  It felt very healthy and the dressing made it super flavorful. I definitely preferred it over the other Brussels sprout salad I'd made in the past.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved
1 yellow peach, chopped
1/2 cup blueberries
1 avocado, diced
Feta cheese, for serving

I know the idea of raw Brussels spouts may weird some of you out, but try and think of it like a slaw. Brussels sprouts are essentially mini cabbages and I know everyone is ok with slaw from time to time.

I would absolutely make this again.  It felt very healthy and cleansing and was a great light summer dinner (or side dish).

via Recipe Endeavors http://recipeendeavors.blogspot.com/2013/06/shaved-brussels-sprout-salad.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3493532

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...