Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pizza Hut Style Breadsticks

It's been a little while since I've posted a bread recipe. I just don't make it that often. Any recipe dealing with yeast intimidates me. But I braved this recipe and it turned out quite nice. I love love love breadsticks, a definite comfort food for me. I saw this idea online at Meg's Everyday Indulgence and Nate and I really enjoyed it. The topping tastes very similar to Pizza Hut's breadsticks. We'll be making these again. I served this with some simple grilled chicken and a green salad. I got about 2 dozen breadsticks out of this recipe, next time I'll cut it in half. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
For the dough:
1 1/3 cups warm water (105 degrees) (I had to add an extra 1/3 cup water to my dough)
1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 package instant dry yeast
4 cups flour
2 Tbsp. vegetable o il
3-6 Tbsp. olive oil

For the seasoning:
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. dry Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. onion powder
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. basil

Preparation:
In your mixer, with the dough hook attached, combine yeast, dry milk, and sugar. Pour in warm water and let stand for 5 minutes. Add in vegetable oil. Add salt and slowly add in flour a little bit at a time. Knead for 4-5 minutes. Remove dough and divide into 2 equal portions. Get out 2 baking sheets and spread 3 Tbsp. onto each one. Roll out a dough ball onto each pan. It won't take up the whole baking sheet, but it should be rolled out to a decent size. Cover and let rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. It took about 1 1/2 hours. Once dough is risen uncover and use a pizza cutter to cut into breadsticks. I cut in half width-wise and then into strips. Melt butter and spread over the d ough. Combine the remaining seasoning ingredients (Parmesan, onion powder, oregano, garlic powder, garlic salt, and basil) and sprinkle over the top of the buttered dough. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Enjoy warm!



via Durfee Family Recipes http://durfeefamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/07/pizza-hut-style-breadsticks.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3453199

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...