Thursday, November 7, 2013

Vegan & Sugar Free Meringue

The quintessential Australian Summer dessert has to be the pavlova. Piled high with tropical fruits and smothered with cream, the crunchy outside and gooey, marshmallow-y insides, the pavolva was always a favourite dessert of mine. Now, as a vegan, I challenged myself to create an egg-free version. 

I can't take all of the credit as I altered the pavolva recipe you can find of the Orgran Egg Replacer packaging - I made it healthier, though! 

Technically I made a meringue, however you can choose to make a traditional pavlova with the mixture, or any shapes you desire. All I know is that this is delicious and I may have to make it again for Christmas Day. 



Ingredients

3/4 Cup Water
70g Orgran Egg Replacer
150g Natvia for Baking
1 tsp Vanilla Extract


Directions

Preheat your oven to 130 degrees Celcius
Using a coffee grinder, grind the Natvia until it resembles icing sugar and set aside
Add the water and egg replacer to a stand mixer and beat for 5-7 minutes
At this point, add in the vanilla and the Natvia a spoonful at a time
Keep beating the mixture until smooth and glossy, and stiff peaks have formed


Spread the mixture onto a silicone mat or a baking paper lined tray


Place in the oven and cook for 90 minutes
Turn the oven off and allow the meringue to cool in the oven

I couldn't wait to take the photo - I had to taste a bit
Cut into any shape you desire (I did rectangles as I plan to create layers of fruit and meringue) and serve


Macros (for the whole meringue)

258 calories
0g protein
0g fat
51g carbs
0g sugar
16g fibre

Crispy on the top and bottom, with a soft marshmallow centre - perfect!









via Stacie Michelle http://stacie-michelle.blogspot.com/2013/11/vegan-sugar-free-meringue.html

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 3493517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...