Thursday, May 30, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade


I don't know what it is about me and strawberries, but I am obsessed!  I made a special trip to Costco just to get their amazing strawberries.  I love buying strawberries when they are in season and perfectly ripe and juicy.  I love using them in recipes, especially homemade jam.  That is if they make it to the recipe!  I ate one pound all by myself yesterday!  They were just so good I kept eating them one by one.  Needless to say I had to make another trip to get some more strawberries because we ended up making 3 batches of this amazing strawberry lemonade.

I have always loved strawberry lemonade and I order it wherever we go.  Since I didn't grow up on soda I have always preferred strawberry lemonade and it quenches your thirst so well especially on a hot summer day!
Let me just tell you how amazing this turned out.  I had a little helper in the kitchen today. We cut the fresh strawberries and squeezed the lemons by hand into the blender.  This recipe is the perfect amount of lemon and the perfect amount of strawberries.  I sliced up some fresh strawberries and poured the drink into into a glass with ice on top.  And oh yum...  the froth on top of this made the drink incredible.  We will be making this weekly at our house and it also makes such a fun summer drink!
Rating: 5 stars  Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade

  • 1 1/2 cup strawberries
  • Juice of 2 large lemons
  • 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
  • 2 1/2 cups cold water
  • extra strawberries for garnish
1.  In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cup strawberries, juice of 2 lemons, and agave nectar.  Blend on high until smooth about 2 minutes.
2.  Pour into a pitcher and whisk together with the cold water.  Refrigerate until chilled about an hour.
3.  Serve with ice and garnish with strawberry.  Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From Cooking with my kid


Stay up to date with The Recipe Critic!



via The Recipe Critic http://www.therecipecritic.com/2013/05/homemade-strawberry-lemonade.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3493509

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...