Thursday, August 29, 2013

[Product Review] About Time Vegan Protein Powder


About Time protein powder has made more than a few appearances on blog these past few months. I'll always consider it my favourite protein powder due to the companies use of stevia rather than artificial sweeteners, and its texture being second to none.

I have been toying with the idea of going vegan for a while now. I've cut out cheese from my diet, along with cow's milk and don't eat Greek yogurt quite as often. Currently my main source of animal products is whey protein powders as I gradually use the remnants of each brand and flavour. 

Luckily for me and all you vegans out there, About Time has recently added a vegan protein powder range. 


How does it stack up against their whey blend?


Flavours

Currently available in chocolate and vanilla

Ingredients

Protein Blend (pea protein, brown rice protein and pumpkin protein), cocoa, coconut oil powder, natural flavors, stevia and digestive enzyme blend (protease 1, Protease 11, amylases, lipase and lactase).


Taste

Some vegan proteins don't mix so well, leaving a gritty taste and texture in your mouth, but About Time is the exception. Whether mixed with water or non-dairy milk, or with a shaker bottle or simply a spoon, the protein disperses well without any nasty lumps. I would say the texture is even superior to their whey blend, and that's no overstatement.

I wouldn't say the chocolate flavour is as strong as their whey blend, however it may be due to the vegan blend having its own unique taste. I rarely drink protein powder as is, I generally blend it with other ingredients, so it's easy enough to build a delightful flavour profile with this protein powder.

What I'm most excited about is going back over all my About Time protein recipes on the blog and making them vegan with their new protein powder.

The reasonable price for the vegan protein just makes that smile on my face that little bit bigger. 




Cost

Vitacost offer it at 37% off retail price
$24.99 for 2lbs (roughly 907g)

32 serves at 78 cents per serve


Macros per serve

115 calories
20g protein
3g fat
2g carbs
0g sugar
1g fibre


Discount Code

If it's your first order at Vitacost, you can save $10 off your order (essentially free shipping for you Aussies) by clicking on my discount link



For more vegan protein powder options check out my past post: Protein Sources for Vegans & Vegetarians #3


via Stacie Michelle http://stacie-michelle.blogspot.com/2013/08/product-review-about-time-vegan-protein.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3493517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...