Saturday, September 7, 2013

Low Sugar Spring Slushie (Slurpee)

It's only the beginning of Spring here in Australia, but the sun is shining and the temperatures are rising. Maybe it's the weather or perhaps it's my house's double glazed windows which are making my room feel like a sauna. To cool down I've been adding ice to every drink, so much that my fridge/freezer can't keep up. Whoops!

A new favourite drink is this low-sugar slushie. The tropical flavours of the liquid stevia and the natural sweetness from the orange juice make this drink unlike anything I've tasted before. Those slushies at petrol stations are packed full of sugar, but not this one. Flavoured liquid stevia is my saviour, what I would do without it I do not know. 



If this warm weather is to continue, Spring will become the Season of the Slushie. A slushie a day is a-ok with me!


Ingredients

1 Cup Soda Water
Handful of Ice
10-12 Drops of NOW Foods Better Stevia Pomegranate Blueberry Liquid Stevia
1/4 Cup Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice


Directions

Chuck everything in the blender and pulse until the ice is completely crushed.

Makes 1 serve


Macros

27 calories
0g protein
0g fat
5g carbs
5g sugar
0g fibre


via Stacie Michelle http://stacie-michelle.blogspot.com/2013/09/low-sugar-spring-slushie-slurpee.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3493517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...