Monday, June 3, 2013

Coconut Infused Vodka

This past weekend my family got together to celebrate my uncle's 60th birthday. 

After going out for a lovely dinner, we all went back to my aunty's house for dessert and a few drinks.

Seeing as it's the week of coconut recipes, my drink of choice was no exception.

Alcohol isn't exactly a low calorie drink option, so rather than adding extra calories on top of the booze, I tried something different. I infused some vodka with coconut. 

Yes, I know you could just buy Malibu Rum, but as I'm not the biggest fan of light rum and the fact that I am poor, this was the next best option.

And I must say, it was quite delicious!

Keep reading for the recipe.


Read More >>>




Ingredients

3 Shots of Vodka
10g Coconut Flakes



Directions

Pulse the coconut flakes in the blender
You want them to begin releasing their frangrance/oils
Transfer the coconut to a container or bottle
Cover with vodka and place in the fridge to infuse
After 24-48 hours, strain the vodka from the coconut

Makes 3 serves







Now, you could drink this vodka as a shot, on the rocks, or add your juice of choice: pineapple or grapefruit would work well with it's coco-nutty flavour. 

I don't have macros for the drink, as they're difficult to calculate due to the fact most of the coconut flakes were drained from the vodka itself. But it's safe to assume this is a better option than those pre-mixed vodka drinks.



Check back tomorrow for another coconut recipe!


via Stacie Michelle http://stacie-michelle.blogspot.com/2013/06/coconut-infused-vodka.html




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3493517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...